Sunday 16 August 2015

My Japan wish-list

When I am older I would like to go to Japan and so therefore have made a list of what I would do there:


I would really like to go to the Kaiyukan aquarium in Osaka. It is one of the largest public aquariums in the world and holds, in the largest tank, a manta ray and a whale shark. There are 27 tanks in 16 main exhibits. wiki link



At certain times of the year the Kaburenjo Theatre in Kyoto holds performances of Geisha girls that the public can view where tickets aren't overly expensive. They showcase the skills of a geisha and this is a rare opportunity as the only times that you would otherwise see them would be at an expensive, private show. Kaburenjo theatre geisha link


The zen garden of Kyoto is also of interest to me and it is a holy and sacred place to meditate although it is a popular tourist destination so will almost never be completely quiet. Inside Kyoto zen gardens

Nijo castle consists of two concentric circles ( equally spaced circles), Ninumaru palace, the ruins of Honmaru palace, supporting buildings and several gardens. It is one of the seventeen historic monuments situated in ancient Kyoto. In 1601 the construction of it began and in 1625-26 it was completed. Kyoto travel Nijo castle link


 Any shrine or temple in Japan would be good enough for me as long as it was traditional. I can't explain why I want to go to one I just have an urge to and I think the designs and intricacy are beautiful.  Wiki link

I would also like to go to the Studio Ghibli museum in Tokyo as I am a big fan of Hayao Miyazaki's work and films. It is what it says it is: a museum celebrating the animations and films by Studio Ghibli.

On my visit to Japan I'd also like to go to one of the villages were you can see fireflies each year that come up to you and sometimes land on you. This would be a truly magical experience, especially at night when all you can see is the bright green glows of the fireflies. BBC Two firefly clip



I would also like to go to Dotonbori in Osaka, Japan which is one of the main tourist destinations in the city. It is a nightlife and entertainment area, famous for its bright lights and billboards. One of the most prominent features of Dotonbori is the confectioners billboard of a runner crossing a finish line.
 Wiki link

Last but not least I would like to go into Osaka city and go to a Japanese restaurant and try their sushi, buy a kimono, go to an anime centre and have a night time picnic under the sakura trees, lit up by lanterns. Wiki link

There should be lots more on my list but these are just the main things that I would do. If you have any other things to do or places to see that you can recommend for me I would love to hear about them.

No comments: